List of active policies
|Policies and agreements||Site policy||All users|
Terms and conditions
“You” refers to users of BPS Learn and “we/us” refers to the British Psychological Society.
Intellectual property, copyright and permissions
- The British Psychological Society is the intellectual property holder for all material displayed on BPS Learn, unless otherwise stated.
- In using BPS Learn you are not permitted to use the British Psychological Society’s intellectual property as your own.
- The British Psychological Society is the copyright holder for all material on BPS Learn, unless otherwise stated.
- Copying, distribution, public display, public performance, and derivative works from material displayed through BPS Learn are prohibited by copyright law.
- Customers are responsible for making sure that their account details (e.g. email and postal address) are up-to-date and kept secure.
- Customers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their username and password, and preventing authorised access to their accounts.
- Users must inform the Customer Support team at email@example.com immediately if they suspect that their password has become known to someone else or has been (or is likely to be) used in an unauthorised manner.
- The email address you provide as part of your BPS Learn account information may be used by the British Psychological Society to communicate with you in matters relating to your use of BPS Learn (and if you are a member of the British Psychological Society, in other matters relating to your Society membership).
Functionality of BPS Learn
- We will do our best to ensure uninterrupted access to BPS Learn, but this cannot be guaranteed. We will do our best to notify you of any planned outage or service issues.
- The material provided through BPS Learn are provided in England and the statements made in BPS Learn content, together with these Terms, are governed by English Law.
- BPS Learn material may include links to external websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify the British Psychological Society’s endorsement of the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- The British Psychological Society endeavours to ensure that the material provided through BPS Learn is true and accurate at the time of initial upload by the British Psychological Society but will not be held accountable for any content that is alleged to be inaccurate or in any way inappropriate. BPS Learn material may be changed or updated without notice.
- You agree to use BPS Learn as a tool to improve your professional knowledge and understanding and will make no reliance on its content.
The policy explains what information is held about individual people by the system, how it is gathered and how it is used. Details of the data held or logged are given in the appropriate section below. This information is used to help support BPS Learn users, for system administration and bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics for management and planning purposes.
Access to BPS Learn and activity logs is restricted to authorised staff only. Tracking data for each online course progression is made accessible to the relevant and authorised course administrator.
These logs will be held throughout the life-cycle of each course and for a further 2 years, but the BPS does not guarantee to retain the information.Log are used to create aggregated and anonymised statistics which may be made publicly available. These statistics do not include personal data. Logs may be used as part of an investigation into computer misuse.
Personal information is not passed to any third-party except where required by law.
BPS Learn data is backed up to the Society's secure infrastructure. The back-ups are held for the purpose of reinstatement if a system failure occurs.
Data held by BPS Learn
For members who log in to BPS Learn with their BPS website credentials, BPS Learn uses information supplied by the central membership database and authentication systems. For non-member users who join a course and log in, the user's name and email address are retained for future access and support services.
Information about contributions to courses, including contributions to discussion forums, ownership of resources and evidence of participation in other activities may be retained indefinitely.
BPS Learn logs contain detailed information about user activity within each course-specific tracking, including the date and time of when course information was viewed and/or updated, the address of the computer from which the access was made, the browser identification information and information about any referring web page.
Information and outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties, any user’s personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third-parties who assist us in operating our systems, conducting our business, servicing staff, members or other non-member students, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential in advance. We may also release information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
View more information about our cookies on this site.